Followers

Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Giving Tree



This is the maple tree out in my back yard that I can see from my kitchen window. It is the coolest spot on earth on a hot humid day. My husband calls it our outside air conditioned room, and we enjoy many afternoons under the tree sitting on our bench with cold glasses of lemonade.

We planted this tree when we moved into the house about 25 years ago. When I look at this picture I can't believe how big this tree is. It does not look that huge in real life, or maybe I see it so often everyday that I have stopped paying attention.

As we think about moving out of this house, it will be very hard to leave this magnificent tree behind as I have grown attached to it. Can't take it with us, but hopefully the next family that moves here will enjoy and appreciate it as we do.

For now, we aren't going anywhere and we will look forward to the leaves changing colors and falling off of the tree and of course all the raking we will be doing in the yard.

z

No comments: