Followers

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Saturday musings

It is a Saturday and one that is relatively calm compared to the last 3 weekends. It felt good to get up and not have to race around to be somewhere or do a whirlwind cleaning spree. We are going to a friend's house for dinner later, but for now I can be the homebody I like to be.
Husband went off the fairgrounds to enter his photos and paintings into the competition. He is so funny about it. He takes it very seriously, which gives me something to tease him about.
I haven't been reading as much lately as I spend the free time I have in the blogosphere. So I started reading The Short Bus, by Jonathan Mooney. I have seen Jonathan speak a couple of times now. He is dyslexic and learning disabled and didn't learn to read until he was 12 years old. He then went on to overcome his disability and graduated from Brown University with a degree in English Literature. He inspires so many kids and gives hope to so many parents. I highly recommend his books, but if you can see him in person, do so as he is a fantastic speaker.
Chicken is roasting in the oven, house quiet... time to go and pick up my book for a while.

No comments: