Followers

Thursday, September 13, 2007

To Read or Not to Read


I was reading a poll on some one's blog asking if you allow your spouse, romantic interests, or other family members to read your blog. Most people said NO. I sort of get that, but for me, I do allow and want my spouse to read my blog. It gets e-mailed to him, so it is in his face every day. My sons have my blog address. The younger one doesn't bother checking unless I write about him and ask him to approve. The older one checks it sometimes.

I try to be careful and want to stay anonymous. I notice lots of people don't, though.

I don't want any other family members or my friends to read my blog. I think that if I thought about who was reading it, I would tailor it to them or censor myself and I don't want to do that. The bottom line is that this blog is for me. I put things in here that I want to remember and I enjoy going back and reading my old posts.

So I haven't really mentioned that I have a blog to my friends, because I know that if I mention it, people would want to visit it. And I love to have visitors, but only people that I don't know in person. That is sort of odd, isn't it? The blog is on the INTERNET... anyone can see it, but I think I can control it.


So I am curious, do you tell your family and friends about your blog? Do they read it?

2 comments:

SOUL said...

hi....
i saw that you came to my blog today.
so, i thought i would come over and see how things were goin over here.

as for the family reading thing... well, i do have it open for family to read... and sometimes feel that it was a mistake to do that. things get said- or sometimes, not said... and it causes a lot of problems.
i also have found myself censoring for their approval... and it only irritated me, because... why should i feel the need to do that//
but that's just me.

anyhow... thanks for reading, and sayin hi.
i'll be back around sometime.
btw... my dad was from boston... that's where all the satahvin , and
those kinds of words come in when i write. just thinkin about his accent.

anyhow.. g'nite, and have a great weekend.

ps... these eye things kill me. i can't see/

wifethereof said...

HI there, thanks for coming on over to my blog. My hubby reads my blog but he is the only one in real life. He says it helps him see my viewpoint better and those of the people who comment. I too would edit or censor it if other friends and family were reading it.