Followers

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Whirl Pool Heaven

The hardest thing about the summer ending is the closing up of our above ground pool. We have had the pool now for over 20 years and it is amazing it is still standing. Every summer my husband announces it will be the last season for the pool as it is on its last legs and he is very tired of the pool maintenance. But luckily there it is still beckoning to me out in the back yard. I am so glad that is has survived so many years as it saves us a spat over replacing it.

My pool is my haven, it is where I go to cool off, relax, de-stress and the only place I feel connected to my body. I have a kick board that I bought when we got the pool and it is my favorite thing to use in the pool. Round and round kick, kick, kick. Then diving down til my body touches the bottom of the pool and I stretch out and pretend that I am scuba diving with my goggles in place, and back up again for air. And last but not least, floating on my back looking up at all the clouds as the whirl pool takes me around and around and sometimes so fast that I smash into the ladder. LoL

Last summer I was very faithful about spending one hour a day swimming and I loved how good it made me feel and how toned I became. This summer a late opening of the pool made me really lose precious pool time, and too many rainy and chilly days limited usage.

I am glad I had time to jump into the pool today. It was perfect when the sun was out, but chilly as the clouds took over the sky. I have too many chores today to get back in it later, and we are leaving tomorrow for the rest of the weekend. Today may be the last time I get in for this season. I savored every minute, just in case.

The pool is one of my favorite past-times. Relaxing in those whirl pools brings me so much comfort that everything feels safe and good with my life and the world, even when it isn't.

No comments: