Followers

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ramblings

I so love to read Kelle Hampton's blog. Each and every post inspires me and often moves me to tears. I love her writing, her photos and most of all I love how much she enjoys her life and her kids. I wonder where she gets all of her energy for all that she does. I wonder if other women my age follow her. She gets hundreds of comments a post, so I know she is making a big impact on many people. Check out her blog, Enjoying the Small things @kellehampton.com.

I have lost the passion for writing on my blog, but I still read each and every one on my blog list everyday. It is the first thing I do when I get home to unwind. No one in my family or any of my friends blog or follow blogs, so they don't get it when I talk about the folks I have met through blogging. I know they think it is a little weird because I speak about some of you like you are my best friends. But I think you all know how that goes!

I came home and made sure I watched Oprah's interview with Lisa Marie Presley today. I was curious about her relationship with Michael Jackson and what she would reveal about it. To my surprise, she seemed to be very much in love with him and had many regrets about how the relationship ended and how she shut down and did not deal with her feelings over the years. She seemed sincere and if she was, it must have been a very hard thing for her to do. The parallels between Michael and her father's life are chilling. I always enjoy a good interview.

I used to love the Phil Donahue show back in the day and I swore I would never stop watching him for Oprah. But that didn't last as The Oprah show became more popular and more geared to women's issues. I have memories of being home taking care of the kids and folding laundry while watching Phil. I learned so much about so many things. I remember once Phil had a whole show based around the fax machine when it first came out. In later years when I went back to work, I would watch Oprah while putting dinner in the oven. Phil and Oprah both kept me company and informed.

Well, didn't know where this post was going to go, I just let it take me there.


3 comments:

Jamie said...

Lena, I check and check and check, and no new post from you. Then I don't check for a bit, and you write TWO! I am now all caught up with your world. :)

Moving before Christmas will be very exciting for you. So, let me get this right, you are moving into what was your family home, and then your son (?) is moving into yours? That is just the coolest thing ever.

You are such a good and devoted friend. You are always the first one to read and comment. I want to thank you for that. Big hugs girl. Happy Friday. :)

KathyA said...

Dear Lena,
Sometimes we just need to ramble! Even so, I love hearing from you. Every once in a while I'll watch OPRAH or Dr. OZ, or Dr. PHIL, but usually I'm reading, working out, or up here on the blasted computer!

I know what you mean about having cyber friends -- no one else understands how one can feel so close to people we've never met!! My husband once told me to stop talking about my blog and blogger friends because I was scaring people! :)

Debra said...

I too know what you mean about your family not understanding about bloggy friends. No one in my family not real life friends or co workers understand. Sometimes I feel I know my blogger friends better because they write about those things that are important to them and what matters.

I used to watch Phil Donahue too. I remember I used to switch during the program between him and Oprah.

Enjoyed your post,
Blessings, Debra