Followers

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Content

A couple of weeks ago, we became grandparents to a beautiful baby boy. I still can't quite believe he is here. When I open my Facebook and see his picture as I am scrolling I think, OMG there he is. He wasn't here before and now he is and he is a part of me! It is just an amazing feeling that so many know so well. Everyone told me I would love being a grandmother and yes, I do.

When we were over my son's house and I was sitting next to him waiting for my turn to hold the baby, he whispered in my ear, " I am glad you came through everything and that you are here for this." I had been thinking about that as well. So glad that I had survived my two bouts of cancer and I was alive and well to hold my grandson. Grandchildren were my motivation for living, and my dream has started to come true as I expect to be around for more grandchildren!

I will see if I get permission from my son to post baby pics on the blog.

We are in the middle of a big snow storm like so many others on the east coast today. I never mind a day in the house catching up on things with a nice big pot of chicken soup on the stove.

6 comments:

Maria said...

So happy for you! He is delicious!!
I am so over this winter, you have no idea. We've just been pummled by one storm after another. I'm sick of it. However..I did get a snow day yesterday & did the homey thing as well. Lots of cooking & reading.
It was divine.

KathyA said...

1. I LOVE YOUR HEADER!! So wonderfully positive.

2. A grandchild! Wonderful! Congratulations. Hold that baby; drink him up; sing to him; and converse with him like he already understands...

3. Saw the oncologist this week. It's been 12 years.

Josie Two Shoes said...

Congratulations to you and the entire family! A new baby is such a perfect reminder of the goodness of God and the continuity of life. I join you in being ever so glad you are here and doing great and able to enjoy this little guy to the fullest. I wish you wonderful memories in the making!

Forsythia said...

Would be so wonderful to have a little one to cuddle again. Get in all the cuddling you can, because they grow up so fast!

Lena said...

Congratulations Kathy on 12 years!!! You are my inspiration!!

Jamie said...

Lena -- Hey old friend! I LOVE that you are a grandma now. it really is the best thing, ever! You sound so happy and positive, and I am so very happy for you! Very, very big hugs, old friend. J. xo