Followers

Monday, October 27, 2008

Wedding Bells

My older son announced his engagement this weekend. He has been with his girlfriend for 3 years so we all have been anxiously awaiting for this good news. They came over for Sunday dinner at my parent's house to tell the usual Sunday crowd of their plans. Everyone was overjoyed. The wedding will take place next October.

My dad hasn't been feeling well and even took another fall last weekend. He is still waiting for some test results. When my son told him about the wedding and after he congratulated him, my dad said that he didn't think he would be around next year to make the wedding. He is 89 years old and has so many health problems so he thinks about dying and will make comments to us from time to time around different situations. It was sad to hear him say that, and my son quickly reassured my dad that we planned for him to be around and witness the vows with the entire family. A year goes by so fast for most of us, but for the elders the days drag by, especially for someone like my dad who can no longer drive, has difficulty getting around due to his limited flexibility and is in chronic pain. We can only take it one day at a time.

In the meantime.... we have a wedding to plan!! I am very excited. I really admire and respect and have come to love the young woman who will be my daughter in law. I know that I am very lucky that at the start, we all have a comfortable and good relationship.

I look forward to posting all the planning and festivities for the big day. It is a wonderful thing to have something so special to look forward to ... for the whole family.



4 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm so happy for you and your family. I hope your dad finds this an incentive to hang on.

Blessings on the couple.

Moohaa said...

Congratulations to your son! How exciting!!!

God bless you......

Patty said...

HUGE congratulations Lena!

I could be totally wrong, but I think I recall you writing something about Feldenkrais exercises. I have a doc that wants me to do them with a patient, but I can't find any pics of them to show her. Did I remember right, and if so would you have any pictures you could e-mail to me? Please let me know one way or the other through my e-mail: neoblast@juno.com

Thanks so much! Oh! I think fall is the perfect time for a wedding!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations to your family! And the fact that you really like your son's fiance is wonderful. I hope that your father is well and able to attend the wedding. Time does fly, unfortunately.