Followers

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Not a typical sunday

This week has flown by so fast, but I did get a great deal accomplished. I bought a dress for my son's wedding. No more flying around to all the stores trying dresses on anymore! Yea! It is a steel blue color, kinda simple but elegant. I had my sister come and see it, so it was family approved. I am not a big into fashion. I just want my clothes to be comfortable and fit OK, and I will put any accessories on that people tell me look good. I kept telling the sales lady that my sister would be more excited than me and she was.

I spent the remainder of the week making all the final arrangements for the bridal shower that I am giving in August and designing save the date announcements for the wedding. I am enjoying having these tasks to do.

Today is my dad's 89th birthday. He as rushed to the hospital last night because he fell down yesterday and wasn't feeling well. They plan to run more tests today, so we don't really know what is wrong with him. He is looking better today than yesterday though and we are hoping he can come home tomorrow. The hospital brought him a birthday cake, but he couldn't eat it because he can't eat before his tests. Poor man, he has been waiting around all day for them to take him. No food since yesterday! We will see what happens. Needless to say, no pasta family dinner today!

My husband took the header picture of a building a couple of towns away from us. I thought I would post it because it is fun to look and see who you recognize in the painting. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Forsythia said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. What a way to spend your 89th birthday.

Cheryl said...

That's quite a building. What is it?

What a way for your dad to spend his birthday. Was he feeling OK? Did he hit his head or break anything? It's so hard when our parents are old and start going downhill. Both of my parents have endured long hospital stays. No fun at all. I hope your dad's out of there soon, or already.

Lena said...

Cheryl: The building is called wild Bill's Emporium and we have never been inside.

KathyA said...

Terrible way for your dad to spend an 89th birthday. I hope he is well enough to come home soon and eat all the b-day cake he wants.
The dress sounds lovely. This time last year we were planning our youngest daughter's wedding -- exciting, but certainly exhausting.
Be well.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I hope your dad is doing better.

And congrats on finding a dress.