Followers

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Weekend over

Nothing is better than a summer evening at home and hanging out in the back yard. Tonight I raked up the twigs under our huge oak tree and then the husband and I played some badminton. The yard was freshly mowed and smelling great. The cat was outside with us following us around like she was a dog. I love when she hangs out with us outside. It is a comforting feeling for some reason.

I had been waiting for this weekend for forever it seems. I so enjoyed the long, lazy three day weekend, but now it seems to have gone by way too fast. Friday night I went to the movies to see "UP" the new Disney movie. I loved the beginning of it, but got bored with the rest. The animation (or what ever they call it) was fantastic, it is amazing what they can do. The beginning of the story was so sad, but then for me the plot fizzled out. There wasn't really anything else my girlfriend and I wanted to see, so that was that.

The husband and I had nothing planned for the weekend and just caught up around the house, went to dinner, and visited with our families.

I am watching my Sunday night show, Looking for the Next Food Network star, then ironing and getting ready for the work week.


4 comments:

Cheryl said...

The weekend has been long. I considered visiting my sister and her family at camp tomorrow as a surprise but see it's a 3 hour drive. Too bad, but too long. Tomorrow's my Sunday :) What will it bring?

Miranda said...

Sounds like a lovely evening.

Forsythia said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. We have a dog-like cat, too. She's wonderful.

KathyA said...

I'm glad you had a nice weekend. It was a quiet one for us, too. Went to dinner Friday night, made pizza for the 4th and then barbecued a brisket on Sunday. Really got into the book I'm reading.