Followers

Friday, February 17, 2012

Bumpy times

Things have been pretty bumpy for the past few weeks and I find myself in yet another health crisis. I was sent for a colonoscopy this week due to some alarming symptoms. It was discovered that I have a 2 inch polyp that they could not remove during the procedure because it was so high up and in the back part of my colon. I will now need to have surgery as soon as possible. All of this while still undergoing treatment for breast cancer. I am waiting for the biopsy to come back and should know the results next week.Then the surgery will have to be coordinated around the breast cancer treatments. 

It will be a year at the end of March when I was diagnosed with the breast cancer. I was feeling on an upswing from all of the treatment and ignored the warning signs that something else was going on. I was hoping the symptoms would just go away. I couldn't deal. But finally I couldn't ignore the warning signs anymore and made the appointments.

Now I am back at taking it one step at a time, trying to go deep and find the energy to gear up for another surgery in the very near future. I am praying the surgery is all I need to take care of this problem. Please continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers. 


3 comments:

Maria said...

Lena, you are always in my thoughts & I pray for you every day. Let's hope that this is the final bump you will have to deal with & the road before you will be smoothe for many, many years to come. Sending much love & prayers & good thoughts your way.

Josie Two Shoes said...

Dearest Lena, my heart hurt for you when I read this. Sometimes life seems so very unfair! You've been doing an amazing job at staring down the breast cancer and resulting treatments and now there is one more kink in the works to face. You have shown us how strong and determined you can be when you must, so I have no doubt that once the initial shock, anger, and frustration wear off you will face this glitch head-on too. I am a woman of faith and I am believing that when all is said and done you will come thru well and shining! Hugs and prayers being sent your way. One day at a time, you can!!

KathyA said...

Oh Lena! I certainly will keep you in my prayers. Please keep me posted on this.

Remember, I had abdominal surgery this summer to have 6" of my colon removed? I'm fine and you will be, too. Hopefully, they'll be able to do yours laporoscopically? Let us know.