Followers

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Apple Tree


When I was a girl I had all my birthday parties across the street at Grandma's house on the farm. There are pictures of me standing under the apple tree with my pixie haircut and bright eyes. I felt loved and safe under that tree.

I look out my office window and there is an apple tree outside throwing its shade on my side of the building all day long. I find comfort in that tree and think I am where I belong, once again under the apple tree. What are the chances in this day and age to have an apple tree outside your office window?

But on the days that I am itching to move along, feeling like I don't belong and wanting more... I think about the tree. Am I supposed to be here forever.... or is it time to thank my roots and grow my wings?