Followers

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me


July 1, 2007

Today is my birthday. Anyone reading this will have a guess that I am a baby-boomer, what with pictures of Arlo, Judy Collins, and my future Beatles’ post gives my age away pretty much. It is OK.

So I wake up to an empty summer house, as the husband went off on his bike ride very early this morning. I know the rest of the day will be mine to do the things that make me happy on my birthday. Simple and quiet and that sounds so good to me!

Birthdays come but once a year and when they come, oh dear, oh dear.” That is a line from some childhood book. Could it be Winnie the Pooh? Not sure, but every birthday I think it like some sort of mantra stuck in my brain.

Ah, yes….The Beatles. Paul, Ringo, Yoko Ono, and Maureen Harrison were on Larry King Live Tuesday night because of the one year anniversary of the Cirque show in Las Vegas. It was sure interesting to see all of them together, because I don’t think I ever have seen the boys with Yoko.

It was all polite and nice. Larry isn’t that great of an interviewer and what in the world could he even ask them that they haven’t answered one million times before? Same, same, same.

I think about what I would ask if I was the interviewer and I am not sure that there is anything I don’t already know from all the press and all the books I have read over the years. I think I would pick out stuff from the books and ask if certain things were true, bet most of those books are lies.

The next day I was riding in my car and I tuned in to a radio station that was playing a set called, All You Need is the Beatles. Wow, haven’t heard a Beatle set on the radio in a long time, but I don’t listen all that much now with Launch cast and IPOD. So it was a very nice surprise and they played some of the older music, like She Loves You. Man, it was so good to hear that song and after all of these years. I got the goose bumps listening to it and before you know it, as I kept listening to song after song, I was crying.

Is it the music or is it because the music is the soundtrack to my life? It is hard to separate. And is it necessary to do so? I will have to check in again to 88.1 at Wesleyan again soon and hope that I can slip into the past again.

OH Bla DE, OH Bla DA… Life goes on ….braaaa… la, la how the life goes on……yeah, yeah, yeah…..

No comments: