Followers

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Return to the Cape


Here we are again at Cape Cod. We have been coming here for quite a few years, the past few renting this house in North Eastham. It is a house that suits us well, not too big, and roomy enough for us and some company if we want. I love the ground floor deck, and even though we have a deck at home, I never sit out there, like I sit on this deck. I wonder if it is mainly because when we are here, we are in vacation mode and I can allow myself the luxury of time to sit on the deck and do whatever I want to do. Mostly read or write. There is no where I have to be and no housework to speak of. Time stands still and we can relax and enjoy. Every year I say that I will take the time to do this at home, and I never do. So it is good to come here and just do what comes naturally. No set time to be anywhere, see anyone, and minimal chores. Got to love it.

I will post pictures of the cape taken by my husband. He likes to get the credit for his photos.

This morning when we arrived we noticed that the owners had done quite a few fix-ups and updates and my husband now has a suspicion that they may be selling it. We should buy it I announce, like we even have money to do so.

After so many years, it does feel like our home. I hope that an impending sale will not mean that we will have to find another place to go….so we will appreciate this week like it may be our last week in this house, for we don’t know it’s fate.

Writing this week will be easier. I will have the time and I will have places to write about. I have fallen very short of writing my goal entries of three times per week. Sometimes finding the time isn’t as big of an issue as getting the thoughts down or feeling motivated to write.

I wonder sometimes if anyone lands on this blog and if there is anything that one would find interesting. Even getting one post would feel like hitting the jack pot!

P.S. There is no Internet here, so I will write and post when I get home or if I get to the library.

Later that same day…. We just returned home from the new Wellfleet Theater or WHAT… Wellfleet Harbor Actor’s Theater. It is a beautiful place and the play was fantastic! We saw
The Clean House, a play about obsessions and relationships between women. It was funny and terribly sad all at once. The actors were superb. I enjoyed it beyond words.

“If the floor is dirty, look at the ceiling, it is always clean.” – Matilde, The Clean House

No comments: