Followers

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Busy weekend

It has been a very busy and fun weekend. Last night we went to a 60th surpise birthday party for a dear friend and we had a wonderful time.


Today, our friends from high school planned a get together at Sharpe Hill winery about an hour or so away from us. I passed on the wine tasting, but it was fun to hang out with everyone for awhile and enjoy their company until it was dinner time.

The food was fantastic! I had a wood grilled herb chicken breast and I have to say it was the most tender piece of chicken that I have ever eaten. They grilled all of the food outside. I always pass on desert, but since everyone else was ordering I decided to go for it. I ordered the peach tart and when they served it, I thought it deserved to be photographed. I had never had anything like that before and it was absolutely delicious. Although the flower was edible, I didn't eat it.

I am glad to be home now, all settled in and ready for bed in a little while. There are severe thunderstorms predicted for this evening, but we are right on the border of where they are supposed to be coming through. I am hoping they pass us by.





3 comments:

Andrew said...

That read so delicious! Sounded like a good day with friends. Now, I want a peach tart!

KathyA said...

The peach tarts IS beautiful!
We had two little t-storms yesterday AND hail! That was interesting.

Cheryl said...

There's nothing like the company of good friends and a wonderful, unexpectedly fabulous meal.