Followers

Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday

Valentine's Day was spent with my mom. She invited all of us over for some baked lasagna and cake as we have 2 February birthdays in the family. It was a nice afternoon and I know my mom enjoyed the company.

I am on vacation this week. I needed the break so badly and I am so thankful to have it. I have the retiree husband home as well. We plan to do a few projects around the house and then take off for a couple of days. I am looking forward to it, even though it will be someplace not too fancy and not too far. Just a change of scenery is what I need.

One of the things I enjoy doing is coloring in a Mandala coloring book I have. I saw the book on Ruth's blog last year and promptly ordered one for myself. It is a relaxing and calming activity and brings back memories of when I was a kid and enjoyed coloring books. I love the colors and the feel of the pencils on the paper. I got through last winter coloring quite a few of them and remembered how much I liked doing so, and I brought it out again last night.

More snow is predicted for tomorrow, but not too much. We shall see, last time they weathermen all got it wrong.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I am so happy that you are going to give yourself a break. You DO need it, you have been through a lot. Enjoy yourself...take some time for you. Big hugs. :)

KathyA said...

I bet coloring the mandela is quite relaxing...
We are watching storms for Monday and Tuesday, yet again. We'll see.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

It made me smile that you are still doing this.

I haven't colored that one yet. I like what you did with it.