Followers

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Getting closer

It is Tuesday night, my husband is at the radio station doing his show and I am listening while I blog. I like to listen on-line because the sound is so much better than on the radio.

He is playing some Mary Chapin Carpenter right now, Stones in the Road. I love that song.

My parents' home is just about renovated and our aim is to put it on the market by March 1. It makes me sad to think about selling it. Yet, I know picking up and moving there did not feel right either. So I am just going to go through this and cry when I feel like it and grieve its' loss.

I am thinking about having a little house blessing before we sell it. Maybe get my kids and my husband to go over there with me one night and just say good-bye to each and every room and share some memories.


I can't imagine never going to the house again and every time I think about it, I weep.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I totally understand your need to say goodbye. It is something that I would do, too. But I would do it alone, because I just can't share that kind of feelings with anyone, and often, I think alone is just better for me.

Have a great day today, Lena. Big hugs!

KathyA said...

A house blessing sounds quite nice. Perhaps the anticipation of separation will be worse than the actual happening?

Cheryl said...

I know I'll feel the same way you do when my parents move on. Hopefully they'll have at least a few more years in their house...the one we all grew up in. I'm sure I'll feel the loss more than they will.