Followers

Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday check-in

Saturday morning we spent up at my parents' house packing up all the stuff we were getting rid of from the house. We had a whole garage full of good stuff, furniture, kitchen stuff, clothes, linens, etc. It was so cold on Saturday and we were in and out of the house dragging stuff into the garage and clearing out the cellar. We had a two hour window of when the truck was coming which turned into a 3 hour window.

My siblings were there and our husbands and my niece. Mom stopped by, too. When we realized we would be there longer than planned, we decided to go and pick up Subway grinders and have some lunch. We sat around our dining room table the one where we have had all our Sunday dinners and had our lunch. The dining room table is the only piece of furniture left in the house. We toasted with our coke bottles thinking it may be the last meal we have around that table in that house.

It was good team work and a good feeling of accomplishment to get so much done. I had not been feeling well all morning so I was ready to go home when things were done and when I got home I was in full blown chills. I just got right into bed with my mattress pad heater turned way up and I was shivering and shaking. I slept most of the day and was up on and off in the night sick.

Spent the rest of the weekend resting and napping.

No work today due to winter break, which is a good thing. Not sure I would have made it in today. Feeling better, but I am so weak from not eating much over the weekend.

So hoping I will perk up today and get some stuff done around here and feel normal again!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Are you feeling better? I hope so.

What a great thing that you all got to have one last meal together in the house. Now that's a memory!

KathyA said...

The meal sounds so neat -- even if it was just sandwiches. But those chills! How frightening was that! I hope you're doing better.

Jamie said...

I loved this post, that you all had one last gathering in your family home. Sometimes the unplanned ones are the very best.

I hope you are back to your normal self, feeling all back to health.

Hugs friend. :)