Followers

Friday, February 4, 2011

Preoccupied with weather

The roofs are collapsing all over our state. I hate watching the news, it is so scary. We received an automated call from our city encouraging all residents and business owners to shovel their roofs and to look out for cracks in ceilings. It is very unnerving all around.

Tomorrow a wintry mix is due and a big storm coming on Thursday. I know of 4 grown men who have slipped and fallen on the ice, one needing surgery for his injuries. There have been reports of professional roofers falling off roofs while cleaning them. The driving is still difficult as now the ice is falling from trees and power lines causing a scare as you are driving along.

Right now I am sitting in my kitchen with my cup of tea and just trying to relax and think about what to do this weekend. Tomorrow seems like another stay at home day catching up on house stuff.

I have not worked a full week for the past 3 weeks. We have never had a winter like this one and we still have a ways to go. Just trying to hang in there.

3 comments:

Josie Two Shoes said...

My heart goes out to you. I know the long, long winter, with not only the endless cold and snow, but all the hazards that entails, can get so dreary and depressing. The only good part is that when Spring does finally appear you will cherish it, and the memories of this "survival mode" season will soften and fade. Keep safe and warm, read lots of good books! :-)

Forsythia said...

Another storm on Thursday?! Say it isn't so. We've all had enough, although news of the collapsing roofs in your area is frightening. Even the Super Bowl will have to deal with the weather.

KathyA said...

It's easy to be preoccupied with the weather as it's affecting you so very closely.
We had to shovel our roof last year -- and that whole threat of collapse is scary. I say we all move South! :) Join me???