Followers

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Some inspiration

I am hanging in there. Tomorrow I will be done with round#5! I am mostly just exhausted.

On Sunday I had my sons and their partners over for father's day for a barbecue and I made all of the food! Later in the day I had the rest of the family over for cake to celebrate my daughter in law's graduation for her masters degree. It was great to have my whole family over and have all that laughter and energy in the house. I over did it and was exhausted, but it felt good to me to be productive and to bring everyone together!

I thought I would post some pictures today from around my house of things that inspire me!

My hydrangea bush makes me happy!



Love our veggie gardens can't wait!


A favorite painting by my husband and garden flowers.


My sister gave me this orchid when I had my surgery in March and it is still going strong!

4 comments:

Forsythia said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend. I love hydrangeas, esp. when the blossoms are blue. In the last picture, there's part of what looks like a musical instrument. Is it a dulcimer by any chance? Do you play?

Lena said...

Forsythia, you have a good eye! Yes, that is a dulcimer hanging on the wall. I don't play it. My husband can play it, but hasn't for a long time.

Maria said...

Lena! Love the pictures!! The new header picture is beautiful...
& your husband's painting is just lovely. I swear, I'm going to start painting this summer. I have so much empty wall space & I've been wanting to paint for such a long time..it's finding the time that's the issue for me, but I'm gonna really put my mind to it.
You rest up & take it easy. Save your energy for trips to the beach.
Keep the pics coming!!

Cheryl said...

Hi Lena,
I've been thinking about you. It's been too long since you've written. Please update. I'm sending good vibes your way.