Followers

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Update

Time goes so quickly and all of a sudden summer is just about over. School is starting this week in our town and soon the buses will be on the roads and the kids will be heading to back!

I am still on short term disability and not going to work. I am liking being home and being away from the stress of the office. I am doing a good deal of reading while home and trying to sit outside on the nice cooler days.

I am still missing so many days when I am dealing with side effects of the chemo and find myself just lay around on the couch waiting for the minutes and hours to pass. So when I feel good, I want to be up and around and outside as much as possible and just enjoy living!

Other than reading and trying to do some things around the house when I have good energy days, that is my life right now!

I have 4 more treatments to do and should be done by the middle of October!

3 comments:

Forsythia said...

The cooler days make it more pleasant to sit outside, that's for sure. Here's hoping that you have more "feeling good" days than the "dealing with side effects" days as your treatment winds down. May the autumn leaves put on a splendid show this year for you.

Maria said...

Yes, time goes by so quickly..can't believe summer's almost over. I'm glad you're still home & taking it easy. Only 4 more treatments! Yay for that!!
Look at how much you've been through, Lena, & you've made it!
Rooting hard for you. You're always in my prayers. How is the wedding planning coming along? When is he getting married?

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad the treatments are almost over for you. It's been too long! You're in my thoughts. Enjoy the rest of the summer...I like the thought of you sitting outside on the nice days.

I'll post again. I promise.