Followers

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hello again

I have been mostly resting since I came home from the hospital at the beginning of July. I decided to apply for short term disability and not go back to work until my chemo is all done in October. The gall bladder surgery threw me for a loop and I had no energy to even think about going back to work.It has been a good decision and one I wish I had made earlier.

I recovered enough from the gall bladder surgery to resume chemo at the end of July. The round went very well. I think the gall bladder issue was brewing and it made my side effects from the chemo worse. I am on round # 7 this week (5 more to go) and I hope I can get through it as well as last time around.

In between the chemo weeks, I had to go back to the hospital last Thursday for an out- patient procedure to get my stent and gall stone taken out. I had the procedure the end of June and they could not get the stone out, so back I went.

They had a hard time getting it out again so this time they had to cut into my bile duct to push it out into my intestines and then it will come out with body waste. I was relieved they were able to get it out as I was a little nervous that they would not be able to and I would have to go through this again!

So that is one thing behind me! I am still in pain from the gall bladder surgery. They used the same incision that they used for my colon surgery in March and it was still a bit tender before the surgery, so I am thinking that is why I am still feeling sore.

People tell me I look great for all I have been through and for the most part, I feel like my old self.

Some happy news in our family is that our youngest son became engaged a couple of weeks ago and now we are looking forward to planning a wedding! We are all so excited! No exact date yet, but one will be forthcoming soon. I love having something to look forward to and get excited about!

1 comment:

Maria said...

I've missed you so much, Lena! I think about you all the time. It's so good to hear from you~I always get excited when I see your comment on my blog.
You're amazing! Thank God you're feeling like your old self. I'll be counting the days till that last chemo..you're gonna hear my bells ringing all the way from here!!
How exciting about your son's engagement!! If that's not something to look forward to, I don't know what is. I recommend you go all out with your outfit!!
Prayers are continuing..much love too!