Followers

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Vacation at last


We are on the cape. When I went for my treatment last week, my blood counts were down and they would not treat me. I thought for sure vacation would be canceled because I would have to have treatment the next week. But after going back and forth with the nurse(who was emphatically in favor of our taking a vacation) and my oncologist who left the final decision up to me, we decided to come.

I know regular treatment is important, but I thought there was healing to be had with the sea and the sand and getting some peace away from it all. My son and his fiance came up for a couple of days and it was wonderful to have them here! All that love energy felt so good. I miss them so much now that they have left.

My photos are from my hubby.



4 comments:

Forsythia said...

I think the sea and the sand and "getting away from it all" was just what you needed.

Maria said...

Oh, so happy to hear that you made the trip. I was thinking about you all week, since last Tuesday actually & praying that you'd get to go away. The pictures look beautiful. Enjoy every second there. You deserve it.

Cheryl said...

You made the right decision! Soak up the memories. Enjoy your vacation!

Marsha said...

God Bless !