Followers

Friday, November 2, 2012

Done. Finished. Ring the bell!!


On Wednesday I completed my 12 rounds of chemo and it was my turn to ring the end of chemo bell! I have a video but it will not upload. I will work on it!
In the picture above is me (in my Groucho Marx glasses, as it was Halloween after all) and my 87 year old mother.

All the staff lined up and clapped and cheered for me as I rang the bell. My oncologist, the director of the cancer center, all the lab people, and secretaries. It is a very emotional time.

My sister and my mom came to watch along with my husband and then we went out to lunch. Hurricane Sandy messed up plans for my son to come along as well as my other sister!

I am very emotional right now. So much to process and so much to make plans for. Going back to work in a couple of weeks to see how that goes. Going to check out wedding venues with my son and his fiance. Getting back to living LIFE with out having to check chemo schedules!


Oh Happy Day!!

7 comments:

KathyA said...

Happy Day, indeed! Yay for you!!!

Forsythia said...

So happy for you. Love your Groucho glasses!

Maria said...

Lena~Tears! So happy for you..you did it, girl!!! Praying for health, happiness, light & love & especially...PEACE OF MIND. Thinking of you always. I'll light a candle & ring a bell for you tonight.
Much love,
Maria

Heidi said...

Lena - so happy for you. That is a truly great feeling. I pray for your continued health!

Josie Two Shoes said...

This is the post I've been eagerly awaiting and I was smiling so broadly at your adorable picture! Congratulations Lady, you've done it, survived the hard journey, and now are finally looking forward to returning to the normal things of life that are so much more precious than ever before. I wish you years and years to celebrate life, and so many happy memories in the making! HUGS!

Marsha said...

I am so happy for you. You are so amazingly strong. I wish you calm, clarity, health and lots and lots of love and joy!!

Cheryl said...

Ring, ring, ring, ring!!! I'm so happy for you. Here's to many, many, many years of good health!