Followers

Monday, September 17, 2007

Keynote event

I am coordinating a huge event at work. We are having the daughter of a legendary sports figure come and talk to the kids about character traits. We are renting out a hotel for the morning and are expecting up to 400 people.

After the event we are having stations for the kids so that they can play some games and get autographs. I have never coordinated this type of event before so I am getting kind of nervous about it. I am working with a team of people, but I am the one who has been working on all the details and writing up the agenda and dealing with the hotel. So I am hoping for the best outcome possible. And to top it off all the bosses from corporate will be there as well.

So far the anxiety hasn't built up to the point where I can't sleep, but as it draws closer, it might. I am trying so hard to stay balanced with this whole thing. I know for certain that there will be glitches that we can't foresee, and I will have to let go of obsessing about them when they do happen.

My husband is taking the day off to help set up and be the event photographer.

The truth be told, my knee is in very bad shape. Dancing did me a lot of harm. I am worried that my knee won't hold out for this event, I asked him if he would come and help me to pull it off, and he agreed. He is a good guy that way.... and maybe he will just take that photo that will bring home the blue ribbon at the fair next year.

No comments: