Followers

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Thoughts about Blogging


I am reading so many blogs now and find myself thinking about all of these stranger friends during the day. So many people struggling to live a good and happy life day to day. Some with more demons to fight than others. It is like reading a few autobiographies all at the same time. When someone is behind in posting, I worry if things are OK.

I love it when I have visitors to my blog and know that people are reading, but it isn't my sole purpose for blogging, or else I would have given up months ago.
Some people put their hearts and souls into their blogs, but I tend not to do so. I am anxious to hit that publish button and get a post up. I don't take the time to sleep on the posts, edit and revise. So what started out as a place where I thought I would practice my writing skills, has turned into more of a free-flowing journal.

Maybe sometime I will find a focus and the blog will evolve, but for now it is just my little blog and I appreciate the folks that stop by and say hello sometimes.
It is a hot and humid night here, wishing I had a big cold ice cream cone like the ones at Twisted Sister on the Cape.