Followers

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Talk of the Town

Very interesting reactions about the hair today. The kids didn't seem to notice, I think because it isn't that drastic a change. So that was good. One person came up to me and asked if I had a hair cut, she couldn't figure what was different.

One much younger colleague saw me and went all wild about how beautiful my hair looked today and asked how I got it that color. She said she wanted to tell her mom about it. So that is exactly the reaction I didn't want to get.... she sort of was saying she didn't like the white hair on me or her mother! A few others said they liked it, too.

Well, I do believe that hair color is most likely bad for our health, and I thought I was just plain stupid for sitting there with chemicals on my head again.

One thing I did forget to mention in the post last night, is that when I stopped coloring my hair, I would have dreams where my hair would be black like when I was younger and I was so happy to see my dark hair again. I would be a little sad when I would wake up and not have my dark hair. So that is what it is to get older... who knew that losing hair color would have such an effect on me that I would dream about it and morn it.

There are little losses in all of our lives that help us to prepare for bigger losses that will come our way. It is what life is all about... To quote my son when he was a little boy, " Mommy, I think life is all about hellos and good-byes."

No comments: