Followers

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Ro


The big news this week revolved around Rosie O'Donnell and Elizabeth Hasselbeck and their opposing values and opinions about the war, the troops, the president and friendship. It was very painful to watch them yelling at each other on The View the other day, and a disappointment that Rosie's tenure on the show ended so abruptly.

I have been very invested in many ways about Rosie as I am a devoted reader of her blog and have been taping the show daily. It was my "something to look forward to" after a day at work. Life just is easier when there is something to look forward to, even if it is just a TV show.

Maybe it is sad that I am so drawn to her celebrity and her life, but I do find inspiration there. Inspiration isn't easy to find at any time in life, so you have to go where you can feel uplifted sometimes. I ask myself if it is healthy, because after all, it isn't real. I don't know her, and she does not know me. Yet, because she is so open and honest about her life and her values I feel like I do know her. I can't say I agree with everything she says and does, but I agree with her right to do so and say so!

And so I have been in a couple of family arguments myself, trying to defend her words and values to people who have only heard the spin in the media which twists her thoughts terribly. I felt the passion of trying to make the point, even when people thought I was foolish to defend a celebrity I don't know.

I wouldn't say she is a hero of mine, because I really try not to have heroes, but rather I am interested in her and enjoy her politics, her humor, and her heart. I give her my utmost respect for making it in show business when people told her she wouldn't, and for not fitting into the mainstream. She is big and beautiful and she is OK with herself. She is a true role model.

Most of all, she knocks my socks off because she has no interest in ever being politically correct. She is truly free, and able to speak her mind no matter what! I LOVE that about her and it is something that I know is not easy for her.


I see the trouble it gets her into and yet she does not back down, she does not care who judges and she does not go back and obsess about it. These are lessons I am still trying to learn and I am much older than she.

Artist, actor, talk show host, writer, mother, philanthropist, and stranger friend.

GO RO

Peace Out

Playing on Launch Cast: Joni Mitchell, Album: Blue, Song: All That I Want. I am on a lonely road traveling, traveling... when I think of your kisses my mind see-saws.

No comments: