Followers

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Staycation

It feels like summer has finally arrived and just in time for my stay at home vacation. I have enjoyed may hours in the backyard pool that did not even get opened until the middle of July because of all the rainy weather!

I am home catching up with every day stuff and up to my head with bridal shower and wedding plans. The wedding is in October and it is just around the corner. Time just flew by and all of a sudden I realized I needed to get cracking!

I am planning a bridal shower for my future daughter in law for Sept 12. I ran around yesterday to IKEA and Christmas Tree shops looking for cute little gifts that I could use as prizes at the shower. I have been searching on -line for shower favors and some simple shower games. One time I went to a shower where they just set a timer and every time the timer went off a gift went to the person whose present the bride was opening. That seems easy!

In the middle of all the business of wedding plans, I decided to become an AVON representative, so I am trying to get that business off of the ground. I have always enjoyed their products and my AVON rep was no longer in town, so instead of trying to find a new one, I decided to give it a go myself. I probably should have waited until after the wedding because it sure takes time to start up a new business, but I wasn't thinking about how much I would have on my plate. I am glad I did it and will just go at my own pace which is what it is all about.

And on top of all of that, my now retired husband took up painting a couple of years ago and has been getting very good at it. He brought his portfolio down to a local art gallery and the guy offered him the opportunity to have an art show! The opening night will be the night before the bridal shower! The gallery was looking to fill that date so he needed to go with the flow.

So between new businness/ shower/wedding/art show that are all happening at around the same time, we are crazy busy, but all fun and good energy happenings!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Crazy busy sounds right. Glad you put the fun into it. I hope you enjoy some part of every day just relaxing.

Miranda said...

Crazy busy is ok, if you're enjoying it. But don't forget to stop for a coffee ;)

KathyA said...

I don't think it's coincidental that all this good stuff is happening at one time. Once that positive energy starts, it's hard to stop it!!!