Followers

Monday, August 10, 2009

This is the last week of my staycation and I am trying to savor every minute of it! Last Friday night we had free tickets to see The Pretenders at our local musical theater. I was not familiar with their music but went along with the husband. The opening act was led by Juliette Lewis who was in Melissa' Ethridge's music video, Come to my Window, she also played the disable sister in the movie, The Other Sister and has been in numerous movies. She left it all to join a rock and roll band. She reminded me of a female Mick Jagger the way she moved her body on stage. The music was so loud that it is hard to hear the words, so it all sort of sounded the same to me.

Krissie Hyde and The Pretenders are best known for their song, Chain Gang.
It was an evening out, but I really did not enjoy the music because I was not familiar with it. It is always fun to go to a concert with hopes that they will play my favorite song, so when I don't have any, I get bored.

Sunday night we had tickets for Dar Williams for the 3rd time this year. I love her music and never tire of seeing her. She put on a great show singing many of my favorite songs!

The past couple of days have been hot and humid around here, just perfect to hang out in our backyard pool and relax! Just love being home when this weather hits so we can get the most out of our pool. We have had it for 21 years and I am so grateful it is still standing.

Today my "baby" turns 25 years old! Hard to believe how quickly the time flew by. He wanted to go to a very popular pizza spot a couple of towns away from here, so we took him to lunch there and came home and hopped into the pool. The rest of the family is coming tonight for birthday cake.

My kind of day!

1 comment:

KathyA said...

In spite of the music that didn't suit your taste, it sounds like you've had some nice time unwinding.
Happy Birthday to your son!