Followers

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Time off

So a three day weekend is here. I am enjoying a lazy Saturday. After spending some time with a friend this morning, my husband and I took a ride to the beach. We took some photos, went out to lunch at our favorite sea food place and came home. It was a mild sunny day and everyone was out at the beach and to lunch. A nice break from the very cold weather we have been having, but sort of like a little tease as it is supposed to snow again tomorrow.

The other night we saw Up In The Air with George Clooney. I really enjoyed it. Although a very serious movie, it had many funny moments.

I have yet to see Avatar. I am hoping to see that soon, but don't usually have the patience for such a long movie. But I hear it is worth it, so I plan to give it a try.

Hope many of you are also enjoying a 3 day weekend!

6 comments:

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Sounds like a lovely day. We had a ray of sunshine this afternoon. Very pleasant.

Have a wonderful "time off".

KathyA said...

A ride to the beach sounds heavenly. What did you have at the seafood restaurant?
Rainy/pouring here today and only 40 so it's rather raw. A good day to light a fire and grab a good book.

Forsythia said...

It's dark and rainy here, but we're enjoying the 3-day weekend anyway. Your trip to the beach sounded wonderful. Off-season is wonderful at the beach.

Jamie said...

I would love to go to the beach...but there really aren't any near...and a ride like that might take a few days...

No three day weekend here, but I have had a decent two-day one. No matter how may days they are, they never last long enough for me.

Have a great day off tomorrow. Think of the rest of us poor, over worked souls...

Hugs, friend. :)

Cheryl said...

No 3 day weekend here either. We're off on the biggies only, and not paid either. It's what I'm used to. Enjoy!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

We're going to see Up in the Air tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.