Followers

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Flashback

The other night we went to see the musical Annie Get Your Gun at a local playhouse. I was not that excited about going and could not remember any of the songs from the play, but I am so glad we went! The production was fantastic! The music was great, old favorites like: There is No Business Like Show Business, Doing What Comes Naturally, They Say Falling In Love is Wonderful, Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better, Old Fashion Wedding, I Got the Sun in the Morning, etc,

I had forgotten all of those songs. It has been years since I have heard any of them. It brought back memories of being a kid and singing those songs around the house. I love music and I would spend hours singing along with the albums and knew every lick of all of the songs.

I don't have a good singing voice, which has always been a disappointment to me because I have enjoyed singing so very much. To have the passion and not the talent was a bummer. I don't sing along to music like I used to, and I know that is something that I need to get back to doing because it brought me so much joy.











2 comments:

KathyA said...

You're so right! Music can change your mood and bring such joy. I say if there's a song in your heart, go for it, Lena!

Forsythia said...

I remember loving this movie as a little girl. I wanted to grow up and be Annie.