Followers

Sunday, May 23, 2010

35 years

Monday, May 24 we will celebrate our 35th Wedding Anniversary. Our children are taking us out for dinner tomorrow night so we will all celebrate together along with my mother. Posted below are the words to the song that was sung at our wedding. The song is titled Less than the Song, written by Hoyt Axton. It wasn't a very traditional wedding song, but we liked the words so we went with it.

It is amazing that 35 years could go by so fast. Marriage is hard work, but well worth it. I am grateful for my husband and my family and for the love we have shared.


I am less than the song I am singing
I am more than I thought I could be
Spent some time as a child in daydreaming
As a young man I sailed on the sea.

Then come stand by my side where I'm going
Take my hand if I stumble and fall
It's the strength that you share when you're growing
That gives me what I need most of all
That gives me what I need most of all.

And I want you to be happy
And I hope you always will
For I cannot rest easy
'Til all your dreams are real
'Til all your dreams are real.

All your dreams are real,
All your dreams are real
All dreams are real,
All your dreams are real.

4 comments:

Forsythia said...

Congratulations on your anniversary and best wishes for many, many more. As Annie sang, "They say that falling in love is wonderful. . ."

KathyA said...

What a beautiful song -- and so fitting for two people who love each other. Thirty-five years is quite a milestone, Lena. You are truly blessed.
Wouldn't it be neat if your whole table could burst into song like they did in MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING?

Lena said...

Forsythia - awww that is sweet. Thank you!

KathyA - I would love to do that! My kids however would be mortified! We will see. lol.. Thank you!

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

Hi Lena, thanks for your comment on my blog. I do appreciate it. I've been helping to look for a song for my son's wedding - I don't know this one - but my son sent his youth sailing on Lake Erie so I'm going to have to look it up! Beautiful!