Followers

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving

So this woman has hair! It is coming in pretty slowly, but it is coming in! I am not sure how long I want it to be before I can ditch the wig, but with the fall/winter weather hair this short makes me feel very cold. If it were summer, it would be a different story. 

I never completely lost my hair. My husband gave me a buzz cut soon after it started to fall out and I thought the rest of it would fall out as time went on. Everyone said it would, but to me it seemed to be growing a little bit. More fell out as I got further along with treatment, but I was never completely bald. 

I am now on my 5th week of radiation. Treatments have been going well. I do have some burning and blistering on my skin, but no infections. Compared to what they see, it isn't too bad. After today's treatment I will have a nice break over Thanksgiving. I get to stay away from the hospital for 4 straight days!  The break will give my skin a chance to heal a bit and then I go back on Monday and have 8 more days of radiation! There is light at the end of the tunnel! 

I am having Thanksgiving at my house tomorrow. It will be a small crowd. Me and my husband and sons and daughter in law, and MIL and BIL. Just the 7 of us. I am having a hard time with my knees so I am doing as much as I can sitting down. The husband did all the cleaning and he is helping me cook. The kids will do all the clean up. It is hard for me to not do it all because on some level, I enjoy it. But I am finding my stress level is way down not worrying about all I have to get done. 

I want to thank all my blogger friends for hanging in here with me. I appreciate the time you take out of your busy day to read my blog and comment. I get so much from your support and kind words and so enjoy reading your blogs as well.

I have much to be grateful for this Thanksgiving and everyday. I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving with all of your loved ones.



3 comments:

Forsythia said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Cheryl said...

Enjoy your break, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Maria said...

Yay for hair growth!! I bet by summer, you'll be ready to buzz it again...lol. Keep the faith, Lena, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. For some strange reason, my stress level wasn't through the roof this year although I was far from organized.
I think that thing about not sweating the small stuff has some validity to it. I told myself that my family & close friends know me & know how much I love having them around that a sticky kitchen floor wouldn't put a damper on their day..yep, I kept telling myself that..lol. Still, there was much to be thankful for.
Love your new pics...one is more beautiful than the next! Keep shooting