Followers

Monday, November 28, 2011

Burn baby burn

I woke up around 3:00 A.M. in the morning due to the stinging from the burn under my arm. I was laying there trying to get back to sleep and I was feeling frustrated that the pain was keeping me awake. I was dreading going back to treatment today, thinking that it would be all down hill now. 

To my surprise, the technician told me that today was the last day they had to treat the entire breast and that one of the burned areas would no longer be treated so it would start healing. There is a possibility that the area under my arm might not need any more treatment either, but she won't know until tomorrow. 

For the next 7 days, they will only treat one area. It will be more concentrated, so I imagine the same thing could happen. I don't know. It isn't like they tell you unless you ask and well I just didn't. I will wait and see what happens. One day at a time. I have some gel pads that the nurse gave me for the burned areas and I am hoping that helps and that I will sleep better tonight. 

So it is a bump in the road. The nurse said I am doing well, if all I have is the skin problems. She was impressed with how much energy I had over the weekend.

And for some very strange reason the scale read exactly what it did when I got weighed last Wednesday. That could not be possible with all I ate this weekend. I was wondering if some sympathetic nurse messed with the scale so all the patients would feel good today. lol


3 comments:

Smitty said...

A sympathetic scale is also good!

Smitty said...

PS: My mother's name is Lena. A lovely name. I would have named a daughter that name, if my family legacy were a wee bit different.

Maria said...

Hope you're feeling better, Lena.
Here's praying that these little bumps in the road pave the way for smoothe sailing in the new year!!