Followers

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Update

Last week I went to the doctor and got a clean bill of health as far as my infection goes. After 2 weeks of some strong antibiotics taken 4x a day my radiation scars and infection sores are looking good and the culture was negative! I felt so relieved. It was nice to have good news, great to see how good my skin was looking, and happy that I didn't have to take more rounds of medicine.

I have been going to the radiation department every week since Dec. 7, my last treatment, to have the wound checked and now I am officailly discharged. I asked about going back to swimming at the physical therapy pool, but the doc said to wait a couple of weeks before I do that. Scar is still a bit pink and the chlorine so strong. I think I may even wait a bit beyond the two weeks to be sure.

My hair is coming in thick on the top of my head and wispy,long, and curly in the back. I stopped by to say hello to my hairdresser last week. She came over and hugged me and said that it had been so long which had made me cry. I think I will go in to see her in a couple of weeks and see if she can give this new growth some kind of style. It is now sticking out from under the wig so I think the back needs a trim.

The MIL continues to drive. We are planning a sit down with her this week. I hope it will make things better and I will concentrate on that thought.

3 comments:

Forsythia said...

Great to have some good news, Now if your MIL would just listen to reason , , , ,

You're absolutely right that "not having a license" doesn't stop a determined elderly driver. An old man we knew, a dear friend of the family, drove for about 5 years without his. We didn't know about it, assumed he was taking cabs. He finally stopped when he backed into his doctor's building after an apptmt. The staff came running out and the doctor said, "Hugh! You're not supposed to be driving!"

Josie Two Shoes said...

A bright colorful new header at the top, that I love, and an update with news I love even more. I am so pleased to read that your infection woes have been taken care of and you can be back on the road to healing. Hair growing back in is so good for morale too. You never knew how happy the prospect of needing a hair trim could make you. Congrats Lena for persevering and showing us all what courage in the face of a storm is about! We continue to pray you forward!

Maria said...

Yay for you! It's about damn time.
It's just gonna get better & better. Good luck with the MIL.
What a nightmare. The aunt I was telling you about..well she was found roaming around the outside of her house in the middle of the night (while the aide slept!) & climbing on her washing machine (remember, she's 93) to look for potatoes! It would be funny if it wasn't so scary. God help you!!
BTW..that header pic is stunning! Don't know if I mentioned that before. I love it