Followers

Thursday, March 22, 2012

A room with a view

I am blogging from my hospital room. Surgery went very well on Monday. My sister gave me a St. Joseph medal in honor of St. Joseph's day on Monday and they let me pin it on my pillow during surgery.

The surgeon said she got all of the tumor and was able to get good margins, too. We are waiting for the pathology report.

My stay in the hospital has been very good, everyone is so kind and efficient and it makes it so much easier to be here. I have a private room because all of the rooms here are private and I have a big window with a great view of the sky and the clouds. very uplifting to see everyday.

I have been doing very well with my recovery. I am up and walking when ever I can and the pain is getting better every day.

I have graduated to clear liquids and am waiting for my tray today. First time I am getting a tray since I have been here. Ice chips were getting old!

5 comments:

Geoff Maritz said...

Chin up young lady.
Good to hear you are doing OK.
God's blessings for Lena, sent with flowers and a smile, Geoff.

Josie Two Shoes said...

Such a good report! I am smiling widely now. Blessings to you, and lots of sunshine flooding thru your window! HUGS, Josie

Maria said...

God Bless You, Lena. You sound wonderful. So happy to hear that the surgery went well. You're gonna score an A+ on that pathology report too. I just know that things are on the upswing for you. The weather has been beautiful~Spring is finally here!
Love and Prayers,
Maria

Forsythia said...

Hi, Lena. Get well soonest! Sounds like you have a great room to recover in. Glad everything went well.

Cheryl said...

It sounds like great news! Yay! I only want that kind of news for you. It's my hope and prayer.