Followers

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I voted today

We got to the poll around 5:50 A.M. and there was just a short line waiting. When we left 20 minutes later, the line was huge and zig zagging around the small gym. It was interesting to watch people's faces when they walked in and saw how big the line was and to hear them exclaim that in all their years they have never seen so many people out voting.

I was dreaming about voting most of the night. In my dream I had to go through a carnival fairway and play some games on the way to the voting booth. There were no lines and people kept coming in getting ahead of me. I woke up before I had the chance to vote. Just a little anxiety coming out in my dream, don't ya think?

Anyway, we were glad we got there so early and were able to get in and out. We came home and the husband cooked up a nice breakfast for the two of us. A leisurely breakfast together on a work day was a nice perk.

I can go to work with my "I voted today" sticker and be grateful to the suffragette movement who made it possible (and not too many years ago and with great personal sacrifice) for me and all women to have the right to vote.


1 comment:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Hooray. I'm glad it worked out so well.