Followers

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Yes they did

On election night, my son called from college at 11:15 P.M. He was so excited about Obama's win and he said that the whole campus was going crazy. Good crazy, electrifying crazy. Everyone felt so connected and they were all singing. They were proud that their votes had made a difference.
I loved hearing the excitement in his voice. I hadn't thought about what it would be like on campus. I wished I had been there or in some type of crowd that night. I know that this is a memory he will look back upon for years to come. It is a story that he will tell his children and grandchildren.
It was a night, wasn't it?

2 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Yes, it was thrilling to see. After watching CNN for hours and hours, we turned on the local Chicago news for a while, and the anchors seemed actually giddy. I'd never seen them like that. It was very much a "hometown boy makes good" kind of feeling.

I've already put the front section of the Wednesday Chicago Tribune away in my filing cabinet. And I may never take the Obama button off my leather jacket.

Sona said...

I bet it was amazing for him. Sadly my cold made me turn off the tv and crash once his win was confirmed.