Followers

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Movie day

Rainy day today, just a perfect day to go to the movies. All the movies that I have been wanting to see were not playing any longer so we decided to go see The Changeling. I didn't know much about it other than Clint Eastwood directed and Angelina Jolie was the star, and it was about a missing son.

My God, if I had known how heart wrenching it would be, I think I would not have gone. There were times I had to cover my face because I could not watch some of the scenes that were just too much to bear. My husband said that the movie was a work-out, and that describes it well. My heart was pounding through most of it from the suspense, heartbreak, anger, violations, and grief. Tough movie to watch, and even harder to bear when it is based on a true story.

But it was well acted, directed, and filmed. It was a very powerful movie, but absolutely draining.

2 comments:

Forsythia said...

Thank you for the review. I will not order that one from Netflix.

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

thanks for the warning - there's enough to cry about in real life, ya know?