Followers

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Another Saturday Night

A lazy kind of Saturday, which is very rare. Since the housework was all caught up on we took off this afternoon for a ride to the CT river valley. The husband stopped every so often to take photographs while I sat in the car reading my book.

I am reading The Vortex, Where The Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships, by Esther and Jerry Hicks. This is the book that my Feldenkrais practitioner brought in for me to read to help me better understand the Law of Attraction.

One quote that stuck with me from the reading so far is this: You get to where you want to be from where ever you are-but you must stop spending so much time noticing and talking about what you do not like about where you are...Look forward to where you want to be, and spend no time complaining about where you are.

I admit that I am a complainer and I think my practitioner was tired of hearing me complain about what I didn't want in my life and have no clue about what I do want. I am still working on that one. What do I want? I am working on my list.

We came home to watch a movie. I thought I would blog and watch the movie, but the movie is in subtitles so I have missed most of it. It is difficult to blog and read text on TV. The movie is called Cine Paradiso. I think I will try to catch up with it if it is not too late!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love your new header picture. Nice. Nice that you had a lazy kind of Saturday. I sure with I could say my housework was caught up. I'm almost (but only almost) tempted to get off the couch and do it now. This morning is being spent catching up on blogs. Can you post some of your husband's pics of the CT river valley? I'd love to see what it's like.

Happy Sunday!

KathyA said...

I agree with Cheryl -- the header pic is beautiful.
I like days like you had -- and especially since you combined activities -- your hub could take photos while you read!!
We worked together outside most of the day. He spread 40 bags of mulch (and we need about 30 more) while I filled the pots with new potting soil. I also planted two roses.

Lena said...

New header picture is from the Quinnipiac River, Linear Trail in my hometown. The husband took the photo of my son when they were hiking.

Glad u all like, it! So do I!

Forsythia said...

Did you ca†ch up with Cine Paradiso? I admire you for even trying to do two things at once. I can't anymore.
Love the photo.

Lena said...

Hi Forsythia,

I tried to watch the movie, but I was so far behind, it was too much of an effort to catch up. So I went back to my computer!