Followers

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Change your mind and change your life

This past week was a good week.

Recently I watched the movie, "You Can Heal Your Life", by Louise Hays. The movie started out by following a woman going through the regular routine of her day and all the thoughts that were going through her head as she was walking down the street, driving the car, doing all the regular things we all do every day. But if you listen closely, most of the thoughts in her head were all negative. Louise talks about how those negative thoughts impact our lives and bring us negative experiences. The video went on to talk about using more positive affirmations in our day to day lives to see how they could transform us. While many inspirational speakers say the exact same thing and I have no doubts that they are right, I found that I don't ever practice saying positive affirmations on a regular basis.

I had the audacity to think that I wasn't a negative person and that I didn't need to do so. Well, since I have been going for my Feldenkrais sessions, I have become friendly with my practitioner who is someone who truly practices the law of attraction. She has been calling me on a great deal of my negative thoughts and attitudes. I have felt pretty lucky that she has been willing to take the risk with me and is so direct. It has opened up my eyes to how much I needed to work on.

So after watching the video I decided to start using affirmations on a daily basis. I picked one that Louise talked about in the video; "Today is going to be the best day of my life." I have been saying it every day and while I haven't won the lottery, (lol) my days are going much more smoothly than ever.

I was at a meeting with the higher ups at work this week. I had been nervous about this meeting since I heard we were having it.

There was a great deal of talk at the meeting about people who were not on board with all the changes going on. They were talking about the workplace situation in terms of "old blood" needing to go and "new blood" needed. So when it came around for me to speak, I said that I realized I was "old blood", but I was willing to have a "blood transfusion." Everyone laughed(as I hoped they would) and I was told that I was one employee who had risen to the occasion and they were pleased with how I handled the changes in my position.

The next day after the meeting, I noticed my knee sure felt much better than it has in years. Years! I couldn't believe it. It hurt slightly, not the pain I usually feel. I walked into my Feldenkrais session and told her how it felt so much better. When I got on the table, my practitioner said that my legs looked longer than usual and that my muscles were relaxed and my legs not resisting the movements like they usually do. She said when I walked in I sounded happy. She believes when people are happy and relaxed that it completely changes what the body is capable of. So I told her about how well my meeting went the day before and how my life and job were going in general and she was not surprised that I was feeling better physically.

So one part of my life is settling down. I needed that and I am grateful.

4 comments:

KathyA said...

Wow! Such wonderful and positive changes for you!! I've never heard of Feldenkrais before, but I'll Google it when done here. It sounds very interesting.

Forsythia said...

I loved your remark about the "transfusion." What a difference a change in attitude makes. I'm a nit-picker and fault-finder. Lately, I've been trying to lay these bad habits aside. It really helps! Thanks for sharing.

KathyA said...

Thank you, Lena. I enjoy visiting with you, too. Your posts are always so informative and yet personal as well!

Cheryl said...

Wow. It's amazing what a positive attitude and one of gratitude can do for you mentally and physically. This is all good stuff. I find that smiling, whether you feel like it or not, makes a big difference in attitude. (I find myself smiling even as I'm writing this!)