Followers

Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday update

Vacation week comes to an end today. I can never believe how fast a whole week goes by when I am not going to work. I love being home and I caught up on so many thing. I cleaned, organized, shopped, and caught up on reading, etc. I enjoyed crossing off all the stuff I put on my to do list. I feel like I have woken up from a long sleep. Winter just does me in, I am someone that needs the sun and good weather.

A friend of mine is starting a non-profit organization and has asked me to be on the board. She is just amazing to me because she is a widow now and is struggling to stay afloat, yet she wants to help other women. She is an example of following your heart to do what she believes she is meant to do and not worrying about any roadblocks. She is an inspiration to me and I will do anything I can to help her achieve this goal.

I think it will be a very interesting and eye opening experience to be involved with this project. I have no experience in getting an organization up off of the ground, but I am looking forward to learning!

3 comments:

KathyA said...

It always amazes me when people who have been hit hard turn their grief to helping others. Good for her! And good for you for trying something new and challenging!!

Forsythia said...

This sounds like a wonderful place to invest your energy. Good luck to her in starting up her non-profit. Looking forward to hearing more from you on your new project.

Linda said...

I'm so in awe of people who can start non-profit organizations. More power to them, we need more people like them.