Followers

Friday, March 25, 2011

Interviews

My husband had an opportunity to do a telephone interview with Janis Ian for his radio show this week. Janis is songwriter, performer, and author with 9 Grammy Nominations. Her songs "At 17" and "Society's Child" are in the Grammy Hall Of Fame. I listened to her at lot when I was in high school as I so related to the song "At 17." Does anyone remember it? I learned the truth at 17 that love was meant for beauty queens... And dreams are all they gave for free to ugly duckings girls like me.

My husband had never done an interview with an artist before, so he was a bit nervous and also very excited to have this opportunity. He said it all went well and we will all hear it in a couple of weeks on his radio show.

So on Tuesday he was off doing his interview and my younger son showed up on the Today Show. He had been in New York a few weeks ago and he ran into the the Today show crew setting up at the NBC store, so he hung around and he was interviewed for a segment on Lucky Charms. We all missed it when it was on TV, but other people called to tell us they saw it, so we were able to find it on the Internet.

My day on Tuesday was very boring in comparison.


4 comments:

Forsythia said...

Another reason why the internet is wonderful. Hope you can find your son's interview.

Smitty said...

I am so appreciative of this blog post of yours.... no day is boring, really. There is a chance to look inside and find story and I am sure this is true for you too, if you remove your Critic's judgment. You do have something worth saying.

Now, I am so excited that your husband got to interview Janis Ian. She has such a strident voice as I remember, so clear, so authoritative. I can hear the song, "At 17." She spoke for all of us who went on to blossom, or have our feathers turn to snow white, after high school. Some of us will never go back to high school reunions to find out that many of our least favorite classmates have turned out better than we imagined.

Another day. Another story.

Jamie said...

Well holy cow! The Today show is a big deal! How wonderful!

I LOVED Janis Ian growing up. I had a couple of her albums and have wondered a time or two since where she is/what she's up to.

Have a great weekend friend! Hugs. :)

KathyA said...

How exciting about the Janis Ian interview and about your son being on TODAY!