Followers

Thursday, March 31, 2011

FarmStrong

This has been a very draining week. I went to work the day after I got my diagnosis and I decided that I wanted to tell some of my co-workers about the cancer. It was hard, and people were shocked, but very, very supportive. Sometimes I could talk about it matter of fact, other times I would become very emotional.

My co-workers all told me that I was strong and they were confident that I would get through this. I was touched that they thought I was strong and I needed to hear that. One of my colleagues said I was tough like my dad the farmer and he called me FARM STRONG. I loved that! I decided that FARM STRONG would be the theme that I am now going to use as I move forward through my life.

Another friend at work had the same cancer that I was diagnosed with and she was a big help with technical information. She has been cancer free for 10 years. I am so lucky to have her at work as she will be very supportive and help me through the days.

And still another friend had the exact same diagnosis also 10 years ago. So I will have plenty of support!

What is driving me crazy right now is some sort of rash that I am getting on and off. I see the doctor tomorrow to get that checked out.

My phone has been ringing off of the hook with people calling to share their experiences and support. Last night, I sat on the couch about nine o'clock and felt I could not speak another word.

Thank you for all of the comments of support and concern. I really appreciate you all. You have been with me through tough times before, and I could not do it with out you.

6 comments:

Forsythia said...

"Farm Strong" sounds just like you. I love it. By sharing your news with some of your co-workers, you have found more love and support. Always a good thing.

Jamie said...

I love that term, too!

I admire your attitude. You CAN handle this. Keep strong..farm strong. :)

I am with you in prayer. Hugs. :)

KathyA said...

Farm Strong says it all! We're all here with you. I think the hardest part for me for actually saying the word, "cancer". I'm glad you shared with your co-workers.

Smitty said...

Already I see you walking in light, and with others beside you. How good....

Cheryl said...

I think it's good to talk about things, good and not so good. It humanizes us. It makes us see how many people go through the same things we're going through. It gives is support.

I hope it's a good weekend for you and you find some joy in it :)

Josie Two Shoes said...

Farm Tough is a wonderful way to describe what my family has always referred to as "sturdy stock"... those raised in generations of people who had to work hard to survive and thrive. I admired the "farm tough" attitude of my beloved Grandma even as a young child, and I've carried that image of being a strong woman into my own life. We are survivors, and I know you will be too!!