Followers

Sunday, March 13, 2011

There is a hole in the bucket



All the ice and snow on the pool this year caused our liner to break and all the water drained out of the pool. The husband has grown tired of the pool up keep and thinks this is a good time to take it down and be done with it. It is a lot of work and an expense to own a pool, but I enjoy it so much. There is nothing more soothing to me than making whirlpools in the pool on a sunny day in my back yard.

We put the pool up about 22 years ago. I think this might be our third liner. He isn't sure the rest of the pool is sturdy enough to put more money into it. He wants it gone. The pool deck needs some work, too, so he would be happy to get rid of it all.

This is one of those issues where we have to come to some compromise or one of us has to give in to the other. He does do all of the maintenance so he does have a point. But I have counter points.

We will see what happens. I suppose this is a silly thing with what is happening all over the world with lately. The world is falling apart and I sit here whining about my swimming pool. But day to day stuff still goes on and decisions have to be made, regardless of how insignificant.

5 comments:

KathyA said...

Hopefully, you 'll be able to reach some compromise. I know how you feel, not talking about day-to-day life isn't going to make what's happening in the world better, so go for it!

We have a Jacuzzi with a serious leak and don't know whether to just call it quits or get it repaired -- which I think is like throwing good money after bad...

Josie Two Shoes said...

I know just how you feel Lena. I would be so sad if I had to give up our Jacuzzi tub. I love it for relaxation, soothing away the savage day, the time for the two of us to have good conversation, and star gazing in the night sky! I hope there is a happy way to find a compromise for your pool!

Lena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Forsythia said...

I hope you get to keep your pool. It's not that "silly" a thing to be able to knit yourself back together with the help of a little warm water and sunshine.

Jamie said...

I hope by now you have figured out how to keep something that is so important to you.

Happy Friday, Friend! :)