Followers

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Set back

I have hit some set backs this week. My burns are not healing up too well and they are causing much discomfort. On top of that I came down with a case of the shingles. They are large and itchy and painful. So far I don't have that many, and I hope since I have been on the medicine a good 48 hours now that I will stop breaking out!

When I went to my primary care doctor on Monday to have her diagnosis the break out, she looked at my burn wounds. She gasped when she saw them. Granted, as a primary care doctor she doesn't deal with radiation patients, but when she gasped, it confirmed what I was experiencing.

So back to the radiation nurse tomorrow with hopes that she will give me a stronger cream and that the burns will soon heal up. I am doing my best to stay patient and to keep my spirits up, but I am really anxious to have my skin heal. 

I am going to work every day and just trying to focus on what I need to get done and not think about the pain. So far that is working.

2 comments:

Forsythia said...

Oh, I am so sorry to read about this. I knew that burns often resulted from radiation, but to get shingles on top of this is too much. At least you'll probably develop some immunity to shingles and won't get it (them?) as bad again, if that's any comfort. As I understand it, the virus hangs around in your system forever and even the shingles vaccine provides only limited protection. Still, you might want to ask your primary care doctor if you should consider getting the vaccine, Hope you feel better REAL soon.

Maria said...

So, so sorry to hear about what you're going through. What a nightmare! I'd want to crawl under the covers & hibernate. You are so brave & amazing, how you put one foot in front of the other & just get on with things. I'm sure your skin will heal & all of this will just be a memory soon. I use my photography to distract myself from pain. It gives me so much pleasure to capture all of the little things that populate my day.
You are a talented photographer~I love the new header pic. What could be better than cats & Christmas? OK..maybe babies..lol..
but still. Anyway, keep taking pictires. Much love to you. I'm praying for your healing.
Stay strong,
Maria