Followers

Monday, December 26, 2011

Update

Christmas Eve was spent at my sister's house. She made muscles with shrimp and baked shrimp. I made my grandmother's recipe of chicken with olives, capers, and sweet fried peppers. We had rice, broccoli, Italian bread and an assortment of desserts. My older son and daughter in law came and we all had a nice dinner with my mom and my sister's in-laws. It was warm and cozy and wonderful. It felt like time was suspended for an evening and I felt like I didn't have a care in the world. I loved that feeling.

Christmas Day was at my house. I invited my husband's family, and my younger son and his girl were coming from out of town just for the day. We had a smoked Vermont spiral ham, bake macaroni and cheese, asparagus, salad and another slew of desserts.

Everyone enjoyed the dinner and we had a wonderful day. 




2 comments:

Forsythia said...

I always love to read about what's going on in your family's kitchens. There always seems to be a touch of something a little exotic and unexpected, such as seafood for a Christmas dinner.

Maria said...

A Belated Merry Christmas & an early Happy New Year, Lena. Your Christmas Eve & Day sounded wonderful. What could be better than enjoying good food with your family? And what a beautiful Birthday we celebrate.
I hope you're doing better with the infection & you're well on your way to healing. Here's to a Happy, HEALTHY, Peaceful New Year!!
Love,
Maria