Followers

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Art Show











The art show was a huge success! I can't explain what a surreal evening it was for my husband, and for me, too! When I walked into the gallery and saw all of his paintings displayed, I could not believe they were the same paintings that have been hanging in our house. The lighting brought them alive! At first I was overwhelmed, because I realized that hanging on the wall was our life. All the places we have gone together on vacation over the years. VT, The Cape, MA, Star Island, to name a few.

My husband only started to paint about 4 years ago. He had never even tried it before then. He has sure come a long way!

I was overwhelmed with the turn out of family and friends, all 77 of them! Amazing! The gallery was hopping. There was a jazz band playing and a dinner buffet as well. We went through 3 boxes of wine and lots of cheese and cracker and goodies!

I have posted a few of the favorites. They were hard to photograph due to the bright lights shining on them, but I did my best. The most amazing thing of all was that he sold 4 paintings! He was just amazed, grateful, and very humble, if I do say so myself. It was truly one of the most exciting evenings we have ever had and life changing in many ways!

7 comments:

Forsythia said...

I wish I could have visited the galley. Your husband's paintings look so tantalizing. I don't know which one I would have liked the most, but my eye was drawn to the porch with flags and the chickens.

Forsythia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl said...

Your husband really has natural talent. Amazing that he's only been painting for 4 years. The gallery showing sounded like such a wonderful event for the entire family.

KathyA said...

How exciting for you and your husband. He should be very proud of himself.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

What a great experience for your husband. I can see why you are so proud of him.

Moohaa said...

I'm so happy for you both! What a validation of his talent and love of art. I LOVE the oceanside painting. Beautiful!

Jamie said...

How lucky for you to be able to live among such beauty..and I love his work! I am amazed that he just started painting, and this is what he could do! I just proves that talent is a natural thing.

Have a happy Tuesday friend! :)