Followers

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Jetty - 3rd place


This weekend is the big Durham Fair weekend in our area. It is one of the biggest country fairs around and I have been going to it for many years. The past few years, we have been meeting up with some old friends from our high school days. All of us enter different competitions and then go around and check out how we have done. My husband and I do the photography, my friends do oil painting, woodworking, baking and herbs. It is a fun night and even better when the weather cooperates, like it did last night.

My husband and friends are more seasoned competitors and have won many ribbons over the years. This is only the second year I entered the photography category. I won an honorable mention and a third place for 2 of my digital photos, and I was quite excited! It is still fun to see the prints all displayed, even if I didn't win any ribbons. Many beautiful photos were ribbon-less, so I was in good company!



7 comments:

Forsythia said...

I love fairs. Next year you'll get a ribbon for sure.

KathyA said...

I like the photo of the jetty very much.
These community fairs are so wonderful in both bringing people together and bringing out the best!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Congratulations for receiving recognition, even if it wasn't a ribbon. I love the jetty photo.

Jamie said...

Awesome photo!!!

Hope your Sunday has been good. :)

Cheryl said...

I love seeing people doing what they love and getting out. I love your banner picture. Some of those pumpkins look deflated!!

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

I think it's so cool that you and your hubby do something like that together. Love the pics too,

KathyA said...

They had .9 of an inch of snow in State College and a little more in Williamsport, PA! This is crazy!

How was the wedding???