Followers

Friday, October 9, 2009

And closer

I took the day off today to spend some time with myself. I am going to get my hair trimmed, pack my suitcase for the weekend, and get a massage this afternoon. I am glad I decided to take the time. I usually give back all my personal time because I am so busy at work, but I am changing that this year!

It was a good news day yesterday. My father in law got out of intensive care a few days ago and is now in rehab and very motivated to work on his therapies. Although he can't be with us at the wedding it is a relief to know that he has improved so much and will be OK while we are there.

One of my relatives has been having terrible side effects to her chemo and coming to the wedding was not looking very good. She is doing much better and has full intention of coming on Sunday! Just to hear how much stronger she sounded on the phone last night made me so happy. We have always been very close and now she will be able to share our happy occasion.

We are keeping our eyes on the weather, if it is nice outside they will be getting married outside on the peer by the CT river. If the temperature is below 65 degrees they have to be inside because it will be too cool for the musical instruments. So we are asking for a nice sunny day with the temperature above 65 degrees.

Last night The Office TV show had Jim and Pam's wedding. I enjoyed the ending very much, the rest of it was outrageous as always but still had very comical moments.

Well, I could end up on this computer all day, but I want to really get stuff done, so I will check in tomorrow!

1 comment:

KathyA said...

Good news about your FIL and the other relative to whom you referred. And, taking time for yourself is so important. Good for you!